BEL OMBRE NATURE RESERVE TOUR 1
Trekking activity in the heart of nature with guide
Product code: 2021_JUN_PUB_TWT
Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
Explore the endemic forest at the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve through our 5-hour guided trek, with a knowledgeable and passionate local ranger who will lead you along scenic trails and introduce you to an area that will make you feel like a character in Jurassic Park. Your guide will also explain the conservation efforts being made to preserve the last remnants of the island’s endemic vegetation.
So, get your hiking shoes and walking stick,and prepare for a one-of-a-kind experience that you will never forget!
Trekking activities in the heart of nature
Developed with the Mauritian Wildlife Foundation, this trek will help you discover many aspects of the reserve's ecosystem and will particularly appeal to ecologists and nature lovers.
This trek allows for you to have a more in-depth look at the Mauritian biodiversity, and also learn how this delicate ecosystem works and how to preserve it. Stop by Frédérica waterfall and cascade L'exemple as well.
All through the woodland, trekkers will encounter endangered plants, for example, the Bois Chandelle and the Bois de Natte, and also an assortment of wild orchids and vegetation. Walking through you may see a White-tailed Tropicbird, an Echo Parakeet, or a little Mauritian fruit bat, called "Roussette", also an extensive variety of other endemic species.
· A minimum of 2 persons is required for the activity to take place.
· A maximum of 6 persons allowed per session.
The Client shall be entitled to cancel his booking:
• At no penalty, by sending a cancellation email to firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours before booked service.
• At 50% charge, by sending a cancellation email to email@example.com 12 hours before booked service.
BONR will charge the Client 100% of booked service amount if there is a no-show.
Cancellation due to bad weather
Reasons for cancellation:
1. Cyclonic conditions
2. Torrential rain or heavy rain causing the track to be impracticable or unsafe
3. Heavy rain causing damage to a large section of the track
4. Unsafe conditions on the track
5. Absent of competent person for tours
6. Upon client’s cancellation
Upon Company Cancellation
1. As far as it is practicable, reasonable advance notice will be given to the tour operators and their customers by the quickest means of communication (e-mail and phone).
2. Listed hotel guests are being informed as soon as the notice of cancellation is released.
3. The clients may be proposed to reschedule on another date upon cancellation by the company
4. 100% refund is being made upon cancellation of the activity by the company.
Upon Client Cancellation
1. The client can also reschedule his/her activities 24 hours before the activity starts.
2. 100% refund is being made 48 hours before the start of the activity.
3. 50% refund is being made 24 hours before the start of the activity.
4. 100% cancellation fee shall be applied when the client cancels his/her booking on the eve after 16.00.
Note: Rates are applicable ONLY for Mauritian citizens/residents. You will be required to show your ID or any proof of residency.