Guides on a fascinating 2-hour four-wheel-drive tour that will immerse you into the heart of a rich biodiversity hotspot of the natural beauty of the Bel Ombre Landscape, supporting a diverse range of endemic flora and fauna.
You can also try a nature-by-night experience for a change.
Make the most of this 2hrs tour of Frederica Nature Reserve and indulge in the rich diversity of landscape and wildlife.
Amongst all the great activities in Mauritius to choose from, the 4x4 safari is the perfect opportunity to learn more about the Ecotourism in Mauritius.
Sentier Goyaves is best suited for adventurous and seasoned drivers due to its steeper slopes. As you go deeper into the nature reserve, you will make contact with vast vegetation and endemic bird species such as; the Pink Pigeon, the Mauritius Black Bulbul, or the Mauritius Kestrel. The most memorable part of this route is the spectacular view over the Domaine de Bel Ombre, some 2500 hectares in the southwest of Mauritius, stretching from the mountains to the turquoise lagoon. As an additional bonus, you can take a dip into the Hirondelles Waterfall.
Once you have been through Sentiers Goyaves, set off on a fairly flat path through the sugar cane fields. Further on, drive past a fish pond towards the fascinating ruins of Heritage’s old sugar mill situated at the brink of Dalsing plains. It is home to various wild animals in Mauritius. Explorers will be mesmerized by panoramic view over the nature reserve and the coastline. Finally, only a few steps away, our bikers can take a refreshing dip in the natural rock pool of L’Exemple Waterfall, before heading back.
A minimum of 4 persons is required for the activity to take place.
A maximum of 6 persons allowed per session.
Age limits for activities
Certain age limits apply for motorised activities:
4x4: Passengers as from 3 years old.
These above age limits have been established to ensure guest enjoyment, safety, and security
The Client shall be entitled to cancel his booking:
• At no penalty, by sending a cancellation email to firstname.lastname@example.org 24 hours before booked service.
• At 50% charge, by sending a cancellation email to email@example.com 12 hours before booked service.
BONR will charge the Client 100% of booked service amount if there is a no-show.
Cancellation due to bad weather
Reasons for cancellation:
1. Cyclonic conditions
2. Torrential rain or heavy rain causing the track to be impracticable or unsafe
3. Heavy rain causing damage to a large section of the track
4. Unsafe conditions on the track
5. Absent of competent person for tours
6. Upon client’s cancellation
Upon Company Cancellation
1. As far as it is practicable, reasonable advance notice will be given to the tour operators and their customers by the quickest means of communication (e-mail and phone).
2. Listed hotel guests are being informed as soon as the notice of cancellation is released.
3. The clients may be proposed to reschedule on another date upon cancellation by the company
4. 100% refund is being made upon cancellation of the activity by the company.
Upon Client Cancellation
1. The client can also reschedule his/her activities 24 hours before the activity starts.
2. 100% refund is being made 48 hours before the start of the activity.
3. 50% refund is being made 24 hours before the start of the activity.
4. 100% cancellation fee shall be applied when the client cancels his/her booking on the eve after 16.00.
Note: Rates are applicable ONLY for Mauritian citizens/residents. You will be required to show your ID or any proof of residency.