The best quad biking tours and adventures in the wild south of Mauritius!
Our 2-hour Eco Quad tours in Bel Ombre, located in the south of Mauritius, will satisfy your thrill-seeking side with an exhilarating (and bumpy) ride across the reserve. On the quad, you will feel the powerful rumble of the machine beneath you while you explore one of the last remnants of wild forests on the island. The reserve is home to an amazing variety of endemic life forms and is a beautiful natural setting of waterfalls, rivers, mountains, and valleys. You will also ride through sugarcane fields, with the most stunning views over the ocean.
During the tour, you can spot deer, monkeys, wild boar, and several endemic trees that our friendly, courteous and knowledgeable guides will point out to you. The tour includes stops at some of the most spectacular viewpoints to enable you to get some great pictures. If you wish to swim, a stop at the L'Exemple waterfall is also included.
Make the most of these 2 hours eco-quad tour of Frederica Nature Reserve and indulge in the rich diversity of landscape and wildlife.
Amongst all the great activities in Mauritius to choose from, this Trail is the perfect opportunity to learn more about Ecotourism in Mauritius.
As you go deeper into the nature reserve, you will make contact with vast vegetation and endemic bird species such as; the Pink Pigeon, the Mauritius Black Bulbul, or the Mauritius Kestrel. The most memorable part of this route is the spectacular view over the Domaine de Bel Ombre, some 2500 hectares in the southwest of Mauritius, stretching from the mountains to the turquoise lagoon. As an additional bonus, you can take a dip into the Hirondelles Waterfall.
Once you have been through Sentiers Goyaves, set off on a fairly flat path through the sugar cane fields. Further on, drive past a fish pond towards the fascinating ruins of Heritage’s old sugar mill situated at the brink of Dalsing plains. It is home to various wild animals in Mauritius. Explorers will be mesmerized by the panoramic views over the nature reserve and the coastline. Finally, only a few steps away, our bikers can take a refreshing dip in the natural rock pool of L’Exemple Waterfall, before heading back.
Age limits for Frederica Nature Reserve activities
Certain age limits apply for motorised activities:
Double quad: Drivers must be at least 18 years old and passengers at least 12 years old.
Single quad: Drivers must be at least 16 years old.
These above age limits have been established to ensure guest enjoyment, safety, and security
The Client shall be entitled to cancel his booking:
• At no penalty, by sending a cancellation email to email@example.com 24 hours before booked service.
• At 50% charge, by sending a cancellation email to firstname.lastname@example.org 12 hours before booked service.
BONR will charge the Client 100% of booked service amount if there is a no-show.
Cancellation due to bad weather
Reasons for cancellation:
1. Cyclonic conditions
2. Torrential rain or heavy rain causing the track to be impracticable or unsafe
3. Heavy rain causing damage to a large section of the track
4. Unsafe conditions on the track
5. Absent of competent person for tours
6. Upon client’s cancellation
Upon Company Cancellation
1. As far as it is practicable, reasonable advance notice will be given to the tour operators and their customers by the quickest means of communication (e-mail and phone).
2. Listed hotel guests are being informed as soon as the notice of cancellation is released.
3. The clients may be proposed to reschedule on another date upon cancellation by the company
4. 100% refund is being made upon cancellation of the activity by the company.
Upon Client Cancellation
1. The client can also reschedule his/her activities 24 hours before the activity starts.
2. 100% refund is being made 48 hours before the start of the activity.
3. 50% refund is being made 24 hours before the start of the activity.
4. 100% cancellation fee shall be applied when the client cancels his/her booking on the eve after 16.00.